Saturday 7 April 2012

MY EXPERIENCE TODAY FROM WHERE WE WORSHIPPED


Today (7th April 2012) after two weeks of not worshipping in a Church, I finally got the opportunity to worship to the Glory of God.

To the Glory of God, from the direction I got from a friend who stays in this State, I was able to locate an Adventist Church. I had a wonderful time worshipping with my fellow believers. Below are some of the things I experienced.

I experienced one thing that made me glad and that is - Seventh-Day Adventist Church is the same everywhere; same songs, same greetings and responses... Almost everything was the same so I kind of had a Dejavu instead of feeling strange among my brethren.

Brethren, I tagged this Church 'Family Church' because they all behaved as one; shared jokes, commended and praised each other, I saw love flowing amongst them. I went on to tag it 'Nigerian Church' because I was afraid Hausa language will dominate the worship, but I realised the members were from all over Nigeria - Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, etc, which made English the language used throughout worship with little Hausa.

Hausa songs were sang by a family and the Women Choir which sang before the main Choir sang during Divine Service. The Church Choir is filled with Youths and their sound production was wonderful. I feel I may join that Choir before I leave this land. I was thrilled by the Choir. They even sang an Igbo Song - 'Ka amara gi Nna rudata, ike agwuwo ndi gi' and some other songs I knew.

I knew I will meet something different in the church, surely, I did. One of them is the response for 'Happy Sabbath'. When someone with Mic said 'Happy Sabbath' I replied loudly 'Happy Day' only to hear something different from the whole Church. Instead of 'Happy Day', when one says 'Happy Sabbath', they reply 'Remember to keep it Holy!'. I learnt and added that to the ones I knew before now.

Before now, I knew that Deacons are more active than Deaconesses, I knew Deaconesses don't do much work during worship. But here, the Deaconesses were the ones shifting the Lectern, they were even the ones that collected offering during Divine Service. They were very active more than their men counterparts. It wasn't only in the ushery department, the ladies were active in all activities of the church; during Divine Service, it was a vibrant young lady that led the Choir, during Song Service, it was a lady too...

... I'm happy I've found a Church were I'll be worshipping for the time being. Don't try to find out what I hid in those elipses please. Also, Church closed by 12:15pm which is great.

Great time I had in that Seventh Day Adventist Church located at David Mark Road, Tunga Minna - Niger State close to IBB's Mansion. I hope to get involved soon.

@elexharry

No comments:

Post a Comment