Monday 6 January 2014

Meet Dr. Obinna Andy Ebere
According to @Elexharry

Though we were actually from the same Fellowship, My first meeting with Andie was not in the Fellowship but in my room. He just got admitted then and I was in fourth year (06/07), he came to visit my room mate (Kaycee who was also in 100 level), they had a General Course together (Physics practical) and Andie was rallying from room to room to get guys together so they can confront and correct the lecturer who he believed was not making out time for them. This cause he was rallying for, defines a big part of him, he always wants to see things move in the direction he deemed right, he does anything possible within his powers to control things to his taste.

I've known Andie for close to 7 years now (2007-2014) and all through these years, I've come to admire this young man in so many ways, one of such is his pragmatic stance to issues; though he is a Christian who believes in faith in God, he will work as if it all depends on him and still pray knowing it depends on God. We've worked together at different times and in different positions; I can remember When I was the Fellowship P.R.O. and he was Sabbath School Superindent, I enjoyed working with him because he would always get his programs ready at the time I want it so I can produce the Fellowship bulletin without hitches. Also when I was the Fellowship President and he was the Chairman of the Evangelism Committee, not withstanding that he lost his Dad at that time, he also added his quota to the onward movement of God's work. There were other instances too that would be too much to be contained in this write up.

We also served in the same leadership catergories in the fellowship; I handed over to him as the The Fellowship President and as the Prayer Band Coodinator respectively.

I won't forget to add that He was also a HYPERJACKER! Andie can read for the whole of Africa! Yes! it's that serious! He's always in a hurry to rush back to class and continue with his books, yes he's a lover of knowledge, I can testify to that. From an angle too, if you misunderstand his pragmatic and realistic attitude, and his habit of saying it the way it is, you might see it that he is boasting because he's just plain with issues with no strings attached. Of course, we were once room mates for some weeks before I packed out of the Fellowship Secretariate after handing over to him. SDAH 537 (He Leadeth Me) was the hymn I heard him sing the most, he prefers singing it in Igbo.

I feel it would be incomplete for me to write about Andie without mentioning Armstrong Anonaba. Armstrong is one of his closest friends in school, they share a lot together...

I call him Andie! You can also call him "Andy Baba" as Chybez Ohiara and Armstrong always call him.

He's also an Evangelist and a Preacher. Andie loves working for God with his skills, talent, profession, and anything he could lay hold of. That could be seen from His involvement with Behold He Cometh Evangelistic Team, ALIVE Nigeria and other organisations that propagates the Gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment